We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
As a Senior Data Scientist you will work in close collaboration with Veniam’s Head of Data on raising and answering questions through data, formulating and testing hypotheses, and designing, training and evaluating intelligent decision models. You will be challenged to identify opportunities for leveraging data on Veniam’s platform, validate together with the Product team the business value of those opportunities, demonstrate their impact through the implementation of prototypes or proofs of concept, and finally build, evaluate and test models that will undergo production networks. You will have the opportunity to learn from brilliant minds that will help you thrive and will have the joy of mentoring colleagues and see them evolving as you help driving Data Science in Veniam. You can count with a team that will embrace and challenge you!
If you love data, machine learning and AI, want to be part of a talented team that wants to hear your voice, if fun and work kind of mix together in your head, or if you are thrilled by reading this post, then, this job is for you! 🙂
- Test hypotheses and answer questions through data;
- Reason and understand how to take advantage of data to leverage Veniam technology, and help building uses cases, business cases and proofs of concept;
- Design and execute experiments and share and discuss results;
- Help mentoring colleagues in machine learning and related subjects.
As a Senior Data Scientist, we expect you to:
- Have strong bases on the subjects of machine learning, math and statistics;
- Value the scientific method;
- Love algorithms and data structures;
- Be driven by the impact of your work in the technology and business;
- Feel that programming is second nature to you;
- Be able to quickly make proofs of concept by identifying the shortest-path to reach the proof, including choosing the programming language, the data, the algorithms and making reasonable assumptions that allow you to move faster;
- Understand the limitations of your studies and conclusions;
- Like making questions and diving deep into problems;
- Be thorough and detail-oriented;
- Love challenges;
- Love learning and sharing knowledge;
- Be a team-player who loves having fun.
- MSEE/CS, or PhD (preferred)
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org