Veniam is delivering the number one data networking platform for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. For the past few years, we’ve been connecting cars, buses and trucks in cities like Porto, Singapore and New York, which helped us understand how we can move massive amounts of data between these vehicles and to the cloud. Our platform enables vehicles to talk to each other in all kinds of environments. Veniam’s platform combines multi-network architectures, data management and it guarantees low-latency fail-safe vehicle-to-cloud communications. We maximize the utility of vehicles by enabling them to become a lot more than simple machines that carry people and goods from place to place; it expands wireless internet access, improves the quality and the experience of mobility services.
About Your Role
Veniam is redefining the concept of computer networks by turning vehicles into intelligent networking nodes that are able to move large amounts of data from and to the Cloud. By now, we have gathered more than 50 million miles of data from our main deployments in Porto, Singapore and New York that are allowing us to have a deeper level of understanding of the performance of vehicular networks in urban and industrial environments.
Veniam’s Data team is now beginning a new chapter where we are using the data logged by vehicles and access points to create decision models that aim to optimize the performance of our networks. This is where you come in.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will work in close collaboration with Veniam’s Head of Data on raising and answering questions through data, formulating and testing hypotheses, and designing, training and evaluating intelligent decision models. You will be challenged to identify opportunities for leveraging data on Veniam’s platform, validate together with the Product team the business value of those opportunities, demonstrate their impact through the implementation of prototypes or proofs of concept, and finally build, evaluate and test models that will undergo production networks. You will have the opportunity to learn from brilliant minds that will help you thrive and will have the joy of mentoring colleagues and see them evolving as you help driving Data Science in Veniam. You can count with a team that will embrace and challenge you!
If you love data, machine learning and AI, want to be part of a talented team that wants to hear your voice, if fun and work kind of mix together in your head, or if you are thrilled by reading this post, then, this job is for you! 🙂
Primary Responsibilities for this position
- Test hypotheses and answer questions through data
- Reason and understand how to take advantage of data to leverage Veniam technology, and help building uses cases, business cases and proofs of concept
- Design and execute experiments and share and discuss results
- Help mentoring colleagues in machine learning and related subjects
As a Senior Data Scientist, we expect you to:
- have strong bases on the subjects of machine learning, math and statistics
- value the scientific method
- love algorithms and data structures
- be driven by the impact of your work in the technology and business
- feel that programming is second nature to you
- be able to quickly make proofs of concept by identifying the shortest-path to reach the proof, including choosing the programming language, the data, the algorithms and making reasonable assumptions that allow you to move faster
- understand the limitations of your studies and conclusions
- like making questions and diving deep into problems
- be thorough and detail-oriented
- love challenges
- love learning and sharing knowledge
- be a team-player who loves having fun
- MSEE/CS, or PhD (preferred)
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover email to email@example.com