We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
The Finance team works closely with business leaders as well as sales, business development, project management, product, engineering and human resources teams to ensure support and smooth operation of all the departments and subsidiaries. Veniam is seeking a strategic individual with 10+ years of accounting and financial management experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment. As the Head of Finance you will be responsible for providing financial guidance and support to clients and colleagues, so they can make informed business decisions. Those services will support our team worldwide.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management;
- Mentor and coach team leaders to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking;
- Partner with sales leadership to negotiate multi-million dollar contracts with large corporations worldwide, as appropriate;
- Management of internal and external accounting resources.
Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting;
- Collate, prepare and interpret reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements;
- Monitor and interpret income, cash flows and expenditure and predict future trends;
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports;
- Analyze company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
Planning and Analysis
- Assist team with strategic planning and budgeting;
- Produce short, mid and long-term business plans;
- Develop and manage complex financial and pricing models, including software licensing and SaaS models, considering market trends and competitor pricing;
- Develop trends and projections based upon financial and pricing models.
Compliance, Risk Management and Policies
- Manage financial exposure including currency and cashflow exposure;
- Design, implement and manage the company’s investment policies;
- Remain updated on changes in financial regulations and legislation;
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required international, federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes;
- Coordinate and/or prepare tax schedules, returns and information;
- Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Work with team to implement financial policies and procedures such as purchasing, payments, expenses, and incentive compensation.
- Respond to board/investors Q&A and prepare all investor and board financial reports;
- Manage relationships with insurance providers and ensure compliance;
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs;
- Maintain files and data room for future financing activities;
- Prepare investor materials and make presentations, as appropriate.
- BA in Accounting or Finance, MBA is highly desirable;
- Fluent in English;
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership role;
- Experience in scaling startups;
- Experience in European Accounting principles as well as US GAAP and subsidiary consolidation;
- Creative, problem solving and analytical skills;
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and results orientation;
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills;
- A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment.
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org