We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
The Head of Sales Engineering at Veniam is responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of interactions with prospect customers and partners towards delivering the Veniam products to the market.
The Head of Sales Engineering works closely with the Head of Project Management Office and the Sales Team and is accountable for supporting technical engagements with customers and partners. The Head of Sales Engineering is also responsible for consulting multiple teams inside Veniam to assess the feasibility of the solutions proposed to customers and to secure resources from these teams whenever necessary. The Head of Sales Engineering initially will work as an individual contributor as the build the sales engineering best practices and hire the sales engineering team to support multiple sales geographies.
- Analyse business opportunities from a technical perspective;
- Gather information from customers about their challenges;
- Design solutions for customers given their challenges, consulting the due internal parties;
- Participate in technical-sales meetings to discuss Veniam’s solutions and their integration with customer and partner systems;
- Communicate customer requirements back to the Veniam product and technology teams;
- Work with external partners and third-parties to ensure best possible compatibility of Veniam’s platform;
- Identify new technology trends on industry, customer and partner side that need to be incorporated in future releases;
- Act as initial point of contact for all technical queries from assigned customers;
- Analyse and coordinate responses to RFQs, RFPs and RFIs;
- Work with the Project Management Office on project budgets and resource allocations;
- Assist the Sales Team in technical qualification of potential projects;
- Work with Marketing and Product Management to drive the development and quality of technical materials (presentations, whitepapers, documentation) produced to support specific customer and partner activities;
- Collaborate in the development of best practices, processes and materials for the technical aspects of the sales process (e.g. workshops, discovery sessions, demonstrations, etc.);
- Help sales, technology and other company teams fill their knowledge gaps about Veniam’s technology in order to achieve their goals;
- Be an advocate of the company’s culture, vision and core values.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers, partners and internal teams;
- Ability to think and act proactively;
- Ability to be vulnerable and admit mistakes and weaknesses;
- Ability to learn and keep up with market developments and technological advancements;
- Ability to understand customer’s solutions and perspective;
- Strong writing and presentation skills;
- Strong understanding of wireless communication systems;
- Understanding of network design;
- Plus: Background on the automotive industry.
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org