We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
As a member of the cloud development team you will be responsible to developing high-performance backend services. Those services shall support the multiple geographic vehicular deployments and ingest terabytes of data at low latency, and securely! If you like to develop scalable and secure solutions whose impact will be global for key players in the automotive, transportation, and telecommunication sector this challenge is for you.
- Gather requirements and translate them to realistic yet ingenious approaches to solve specific technical challenges in cloud-based services and applications;
- Implementing the delivery of scalable and secure high-performance cloud backend services and applications;
- Ability to own responsibility and accountability of the development of an assigned task;
- Coordinate work with cloud team and remaining knowledge groups in embedded software and DevOps to address complex technical challenges while delivering clean, stable and ingenious solutions;
- Work in a world-class engineering team every day.
- Experience in leading the development of high-performance multi-geography (and secure!) backend frameworks;
- Experience in relational databases such as MySQL, PostGres and PipelineDB as well as NoSQL databases such as Mongo, Redis;
- Experience in high performance data queueing platforms such Kafka, ZeroMQ, and RabbitMQ;
- Prefered knowledge in code automation using Puppet, Chef, or others
- Experience in orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes, Mesos, or Terraform;
- Proved experience in working, building, and mentoring teams of young, scrappy, and hungry cloud backend developers (Bonus if you know which Broadway musical births that expression);
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum environments.
- 6+ years in cloud backend services development;
- Experience in implementing successful high-performance server-side applications (proud of thousands of hits/second);
- Desired prior experience in at least one of the following (in-memory caching systems, data visualization, distributed computation and systems architecture, big-data processing);
- BSEE/CS or equivalent, MSEE/CS a nice-to-have.
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org