Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
Our Engineering team delivers integrated full-stack networking solutions with all the hardware, software, and cloud based components that are required to deliver networks of connected vehicles and other moving things.
Veniam provides key cloud-services for customers and partners to operate, monitor, and leverage our platform’s features in connecting vehicles to each other and the Internet, moving terabytes of data at low latency.
As a member of the Frontend development team you will be responsible for delivering a great user experience in Veniam cloud dashboards considering the best usability and software development practices. You will also work closely with our world-class cloud backend engineering team to leverage the best features of Veniam Cloud infrastructure.
Primary Responsibilities for this position
- Work with the product teams and customers to understand the requirements and pains to be addressed in Veniam Cloud dashboards
- Collaborate with cloud backend development team to provide the best user experience and functionality to Veniam users, customers, and partners
- Bring your experience and learned best practices to the engineering and development team
- Develop and engineer visual contents matching the identified requirements
- Iterate rapidly on top of low and high fidelity designs and working prototypes
- Understand the impact of reported issues in the frontend and investigate the source together with the full stack engineering team
- Awesome skills in JS, HTML5 and CSS3.
- Strong background in web applications development with TDD.
- Experience in JS unit-tests tools (eg: Jasmine) and JS automated tests (eg: Protactor).
- Previous use of packaging/build tools: Webpack, Npm, Gulp, Grunt, etc.
- Experience in developing real-time applications and using established design patterns.
- Proven experience in leading teams and making architecture decisions.
- 5+ years in development of large scale cloud applications
- BSEE/CS or equivalent, MSEE/CS a nice-to-have
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover email to email@example.com