Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
As Head of Tech Operations at Veniam, you lead, inspire and grow the teams who perform testing, rollout, scalability, and operation of all networks, software and infrastructure. You are accountable for ensuring that Veniam provides best-in-class support to all customers. In particular, you are excited about ensuring the highest level of quality of all shipped software, reliable software rollouts and smooth operation of all live networks.
Veniam’s Tech Operations team is responsible for all operations related to technology rollout, quality assurance, testing, deployment and customer-facing tech support of Veniam software and infrastructure. Veniam’s data networking platform includes a complex mix of embedded networking software and cloud-based components that must operate flawlessly in our customer’s devices and infrastructure. Ensuring the right level of security and Quality of Service requires thorough analysis and great attention to detail.
All our customers are global leaders in the automotive industry. They expect the highest standards of software and service delivery, while offering unique opportunities for learning and professional growth.
- Lead all technology operations at Veniam, including testing, rollout, scalability, and operation of all networks, software and infrastructure;
- Oversee and support internal projects (e.g. benchmarking of the Veniam Platform), demos, and PoCs;
- Provide excellent support for all automotive integration projects (pre-production) and full integration programs (production);
- Assure the highest level of quality in all functionalities to be delivered by Platform Engineering in close collaboration with the Engineering Manager and respective team leads;
- Drive the development and delivery of tools that support the testing and the quality related activities of the Platform Engineering team;
- Lead all processes for Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment of Veniam’s software aimed at production networks;.
- Manage the strategy for Cloud and On-premises Infrastructure management;
- Monitor, manage and control all costs related to the delivery and operation of the Veniam’s technology and products;
- Produce, review and assure the correctness of all technical documentation that supports tech operations, including checklists, test plans, manuals, and other related materials;
- Supervise and mentor team members involved in tech support activities, including QA, DevOps, and Technical Support teams;
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Contribute to setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth, in particular how to deliver and operate Veniam’s Technology with the best industry standards;
- Make recommendations to the CTO on how to improve technology development and operations, as well as cost, benefit and risk of their implementation;
- Work with Veniam’s Tech Council to hire the best engineers and technology professionals to build a world class technology organization;
- Participate in discussions on the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth;
- Be an advocate of the company’s culture, vision and core values;
- Experience with building and managing support for on premise and cloud based infrastructure;
- Experience as Linux system administrator, mastering network and firewall configurations, system services, virtualization and others;
- Experience working with developers in a devops environment;
- Experience in doing large-scale over-the-air software rollout to active deployments without customer impact;
- Experience in building and managing IT Operations Organisation including L0-L3 technical support, quality assurance, DevOps and IT management;
- Proven people management and project management skills with strong affinity to mentorship and coaching;
- Experience with Agile methodology and how it can be customized to fit a project team and achieve organizational goals;
- Fundamental understanding of wireless and wireline communication & networking technologies knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, 802.11);
- Deep understanding of cloud-based solutions that include service oriented architectures and distributed systems management.
Qualifications and other requirements
- 8+ years of experience leading enterprise technology operation & support;
- Prior experience with SaaS and IaaS DevOps and software rollout;
- Significant experience to map and interpret business strategies into IT priorities;
- Demonstrated experience in project management skills with the ability to manage multiple and fluid priorities towards a successful result;
We have no favourites, however we’ll love you more if you bring
- Automotive industry experience
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com